Our board and legal structure
Our legal structure
Our legal status and how we are incorporated.
Our board meet six times a year, or more if needed, and is responsible for our overall direction. They are responsible for approving our budget, financial forecasts and challenging new ideas and plans to make sure we are properly run and continue to deliver our purpose.
The way in which each part of our legal structure is incorporated and our legal status can be summarised as follows:
- Home Group Limited is a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 (registered number 22981R).
- It has charitable status but is exempt from registration with the Charity Commission – it is a ‘”charity” but not a “registered charity”.
- Home Group Limited is a Registered Provider of Social Housing (Regulator of Social Housing registered number L3076).
- Home Group is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- Home in Scotland Limited is a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 (registered number 1935R(S)) and is a charity registered with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (Scottish Charity No. SC005247).
- Its registration number with the Scottish Housing Regulator is HAL90.
- The legal relationship between Home Group Limited as ‘parent’ and Home in Scotland Limited as ‘subsidiary’ is documented principally within the Rules of Home in Scotland Limited and within a Joint Arrangement Deed.
- Live Smart @ Home Limited and Home Group Developments Limited and North Housing Limited are private companies limited by shares (company numbers 3402204, 4664018 and 04052443 respectively).